Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finally Finished!!!

I'll bet you were thinking I was going to report that I didn't have any new art work. Well, wrong!!! I finally finished several things and it's still the first week in May - Whoo Hoo!!!

Celestria Art Updates

I recently finished this piece of a BC doing obedience work with scent articles. It was done as part of a collage for the 2009 Border Collie Society of America (BCSA) Specialty Logo (more on that in a bit). Painted with acrylics on 140 lbs. hot press water color paper.





That was the last piece needed for me to finally finish the 2009 BCSA National Specialty Logo. The show chair wanted it done in grayscale this year. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but it was A LOT of work. A total of 7 1/2 individual paintings were done for this, although 2 1/2 ended up not being used. For additional info on the 2009 BCSA National Specialty go here http://www.bordercolliesociety.com/2009specialty.htm




Celestria Dogs Update
I started herding with the Loki Monster again after an 18 mos. break and he hasn't given me another concussion........yet. Although my herding buddies keep ribbing me and asking if I've got my helmet with me. Yeah, I'll probably never live that one down - LOL! My herding instructor was very pleased with how Loki was working after such a long time away and asked if I was planning on getting his PT (Pre-Trial Tested title) or just going straight to Started. In an effort not to embarrass myself, I think I'm going to do the PT first. Apparently the time away from the sheepies was a good thing. Loki has grown up and matured mentally. He's working really well, but I do see signs of his mother's (Bunny) sense of humor popping up (i.e. trying to pull a little wool if they think they can get away with it). Not to mention, my timing has apparently improved with lack of use - go figure! Anyway, looking forward to our first trial but I'm only going to be able to do one day at that one due to a previous commitment.
Not much going on with the other furkids. They are all healthy and happy :)
Our lambiekins continues to grow like a weed, but she still doesn't have a name. I just haven't found the right one yet. The rest of the sheep are all fat and sassy.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the poster! I am still dazzled by your detail in the fur, eyes, selective bg, etc! :) Thanks for giving me the link to yer blog! :)

    ReplyDelete