Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Update

Yes, I know - it's been two and a half months since my last post. I'm not good at updating - I admit it. I just always have so much going on that I have a really hard time keeping up with things like blogging - it's one of the reasons I've resisted blogging for so long in the first place. I really don't know how some people keep up multiple blogs, plus things like myspace, facebook, livejournal, etc. And now twittering seems to be the newest thing. Yeah, it's all a bit much for my taste.

On the Celestria Art Front:

Sorry to report that I have no new pieces done at the moment. April is an extremely busy month for me with birthdays and dog events going on all month, so it doesn't leave a lot of time to work on anything else. Plus, I hurt my right thumb in the beginning of March and it has taken quite a while to get it back to normal so I can draw or paint. You really don't realize how much you rely on your thumbs until you can't use them!!!
However, my art studio is just a few steps away from being finished now. The walls are painted, the ceiling fan w/light is in and working. However, there's some wiring confusion in regards to the two sets of flourescent lights, but it should get worked out shortly. After the lighting is in, then comes the linoleum, baseboards and window/door trim and then I will be able to move my drafting table, bookshelves and art supplies into the studio - YAY!!!

Celestria Dogs update:

Let's see...Loki broke a toenail in March - split it right up the middle with bone exposed. That meant vet visit and antibiotics. At least one of the dogs breaks a toenail badly enough for a vet trip every year. I blame the clay soil we have. After a good long rainy period it gets saturated, then when it starts to dry out it gets really STICKY. The dogs dig in when running, they make a tight turn and the toenail sticks enough to cause torsion and viola - nasty broken toenail. Anyway, the Loki Monster is fine now and being a silly boy as usual.

Laura got her neck and shoulder a bit out of whack playing frisbee with my young niece and cousin. She doesn't realize that she's 8.5 yrs now and not two. Laura will always be a young dog at heart and in her head, but that also means she doesn't know when to quit sometimes which causes her to end up hurting now and again. Anyway, Laura and I both visited the chiropractor about a week ago and got adjusted - it was the first time for both of us. Interstingly, the chiropractor said that he found it amusing that he pretty much did the same adjustments on both of us. He also said I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders. Really....????? No surprise there, but it was the best my neck and shoulders have felt in years! Definitely have to see the chiropractor again! The nice thing was that he was surprised to find out how old Laura was. He said if I hadn't told him, he would have guessed her to be about 2 yrs. old because her lumbar area was in excellent shape with no signs of arthritis. Maybe Laura is proving that being young at heart can also help keep you young physically.

Bunny has developed a new habit which is both funny and just a little annoying at the same time. She has only one toy she likes which is a stuffed octopus with long dangling legs. She's decided that when I go to bed, it's playtime with her "octie". Yes, let's jump up on the bed with Octie, toss him around, throw him off and jump after him repeatedly. Then get mom to play "Kraken Attack" with her. While I'm really happy to see her having a good time playing I just wish she could find a better time than 10:00 p.m. (I get up around 3:45 a.m.) I realize I haven't helped by playing with her, but she seems to really like this alone time with me and after she plays for about 20-30 minutes she's ready to snuggle and sleep. So I guess I'm willing to be a little more tired in the morning if it keeps her happy......The things we do for our dogs!

Kael is just his same good natured self. As long as he gets his treat in the morning and his dinner on time, and his share of attention he's a happy camper.

Oh, yes. We finally got our sheep. We have three purebred Mouflon sheep which are a "hair" breed, meaning that they shed and don't need to be sheared yearly. We have a grandma (12-13 yrs. old) and her two daughters (7 yrs old and sisters from a set of triplets) and this year's lamb from one of the daughters. We are really enjoying them and I don't care what people think - sheep are not stupid and they do have definite personalities. The Mouflon sheep is one of the oldest breeds of sheep and rather rare now. The breed is considered to be one of the two breeds from which all domestic breeds of sheep originated from. Mouflon sheep were originally wild sheep from the Corsica, Sicilia and Sardina. Here's a pic of our sheepie girls:






No comments:

Post a Comment